Saturday, July 17, 2010

My second visit to Wasabi san

Was at Wasabi San again because of the hot hot weather. Plus bedok only has a few other air conditioned place excluding fast food. So it became the first on the list. Budget eat too!



Miss Loong had Fried Sakana fish don. The set is only $3.90 before GST. Comes with side veg plus miso soup and fruits!!!!!



Fish was well fried, not too dry and tough yet its batter was fried till super crispy. Although its not the very like and flaky kind its still considered alright....
Comes along with the egg that i thought was kind of overcooked. Normally we have it slightly runny to stir in with the rice so that every grain will be coated with the egg, but for wasabi san i guess they scared bird flu? The don had some sauce for the rice which is covered by the egg. Slighly on the salty side, not very much layering of taste, just tasted a lot like shoyu.



Miss Loong thought the rice will be dry so she added on mayonaise. This small little thing for 50cents was totally not worth it and barely touched at all. Wasted. We had a small debate over the mayo thou; the red coloured stuff is carrot or fish roe?



Miss Chua had udon with chicken! This is slightly more expensive but affordable "still".
Chicken was slightly dry but only on the outer skin layer. Most probably re fried over and over. But the soup managed to soften it a bit. Udon was ok, not too much flour taste. Chewy but can be slighly bouncier. The soup was good, not too oily and was smooth to the throat. The taste reminds me of vegetable soup that my mum makes.




It was still good after all. For the price what else can you ask for?

3 comments:

  1. They are Not Sumo House Japanese Restaurant!
    AMK Central @ 6453 2489 & Clementi Central @ 6777 5664

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maia Lee -I would not have requested for a four-seater if the restaurant had been packed, but it was near empty and it was already past 3.30pm. The waitress was like a vulture and would not bulge so I stood up and told her I was leaving.
    Straightaway she tucked the chair I had sat on, back under the table. How rude was that!
    I felt angry at the bad service!....

    He told me that his ‘boss was out, come back another day' at least thrice, and after asking him for his boss's name, he gave the same reply like a robot. I told him that I could write about this bad service in the press.
    All this while there was a fat man hiding behind the counter (but right next to PRC waiter) and stirring coffee, who was in a Navy polo tee instead of the uniform.
    I went over to him and asked if he could let me know whom the in-charge was.
    I didn't shout because shouting wouldn't make sense, but I was firm with my words.
    Occasionally glancing up at me, he gave a look of annoyance and said, "The boss is not around. The manager is not around."
    I remember this very clearly because it was the rudest I have ever encountered!
    I said, "So you're telling me there is no one in charge of this restaurant?"
    Looking at, and stirring his coffee, he replied, "Yes, there is no one in charge of this place."
    Two seconds of silence followed and he then asked me what the matter was. If there wasn't a thing called law.........
    So anyway I told him until he identifies the one in charge or else I would not want to repeat my story for the 3rd time since he had already heard me twice when I was talking to PRC waiter.
    He said he was the boss, and I asked how should I address him. "Mr Tan." I then introduced myself.
    He continued to say that I should follow his ‘restaurant's RULES AND REGULATIONS' that unless I bring more people to the restaurant, I cannot occupy two tables.
    He maintained his stand and I said to him the waitress could have been more tactful but he wasn't even on my side. I said to him their service was extremely terrible and he wasn't even apologetic!
    His body language, his tone, usage of the words and content of his speech was the worst I have ever seen in any human being with regards to customer service.
    I repeated that I (and anyone else!) could easily write about their service to the press, and he said, "So you're threatening me?" "I know who you are!"
    I told him that wasn't a threat, and it was a reminder of the many channels people can go through to highlight good or bad service. A threat doesn't come off this way.
    He had a smirk and I don't need to have supernatural powers to know he couldn't' even care less.
    I'm now careful of places like these.
    I told him off (careful about my volume because there are still customers around and I needed to give him face) about ‘hiding behind that counter pretending you don't exist' and asked him what he had to explain his actions.
    "You can't even handle your staff, the entire situation, and not even yourself - and you call this running a business? You were hiding behind that counter pretending you don't exist - and your actions already show that you are irresponsible and a coward and you're in denial, knowing that you are wrong but you just don't want to admit it."
    I feel sorry for him that I have to be saying that to him since he's a man of at least 2 decades older than I am.
    But his cockiness deserved that from me...STOMP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Service attitude was HORRIBLE!! Thought of trying it for dinner just now (the one at Bedok), so my son pushed open the glass doors for me and my younger daughter. But, the burly guy at the door actually shooed my son away saying "Go away, go away." His hand gesture, loud voice and stern tone were as if he was shooing a beggar away! I was stunned. When I explained that we were just stepping in to have dinner, he accused my son of playing with the glass doors and closed them in our face! If he had prior experience with kids playing with the doors, he shouldn't have assumed that of my son too. Even with my explanation, we were still rudely turned away. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete