Tuesday, June 15, 2010

With a pinch of salt


I heard from some of the customers saying that this is the place where they shot the current 7pm show "my hand in yours". The pastry shop of the daughter. (YES! I saw it on tv today!) Many negative comments that i read from some of the famous forums and sites. So i decided to be the judge myself.
Interior looks good. With baby blue walls and some real sweet pictures hanging.




And the test began when we had no seats, there was no one greeting us at the door after 2minutes, we sat on the outside and no one gave us the menu after 5 minutes. I was cool with it, i took the menu myself and shifted to the inside seats upon seeing people leaving. Not long before we made up our minds and decided what to order. I manage to get the attention of the waitress only after 10 attempts. It was obvious they were understaffed. 2 waitress for a full house. The lady boss, open your eyes please. The waitresses are so busy they forgot that they told me to hold on and simply went to attend to other customers. Food ordering made me lose my patience already. But it was redeemed when we had a game of Uno.

Simply add on $3.50 to upgrade your main to a meal. Its inclusive of Either a soup or salad, plus desert for the day. We all had it. Salad was normal, fresh greens with thousand island. Nothing should go wrong.

Soup was okay, just normal. Not too thick not too watery. But we can't really tell what was the soup.


Prices of mains ranges from 9.90 to approx 14.90 for the expensive ones.

My main: Sissy Crab Linguinie.

It was bad. Pasta was tough, sauce was like tomato sauce and crab wasn't crispy at all. I like soft shell crabs but definitely not this.


Mr Lee's main: Aglio Olio.

Same thing, Pasta too hard. Not much ingredients. Nothing special...



Had other mains like baked rice which was slighly better and carbonara which was yucky as well. But the reason i chose this place to dine in was definitely the desert. My favourite creme caramel.
Soft yet tender. Creamy yet smooth. Tinge of sweetness lingers in your mouth even after you swallow. The burnt caramel was fragrant and melted right in my mouth. Slightly cold to intrigue your senses. It was perfect.




Auntie note: Free parking at the back of the restaurant.

Do upgrade your meal for the desert as it is super worth it.

Water is served in a jug for you to refil it on your own so don't need to feel paiseh unless you can finish up the whole jug!


With A Pinch Of Salt

297 Tanjong Katong Road
Tel: +65 6348 2297
Opening hours
Daily11am – 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment